I would never offer advise on how to raise kids because I feel like a
total failure on a daily basis. That said, here are a couple of things me and Mrs. Mexico do.
1) Make sure they understand that money truly does not buy happiness. True happiness comes from serving others and making a difference for people without the support system that most of us enjoy. Empathy is a wonderful trait to instill in our youth.
2) Teach them to forgive others when they they have been wronged or feel they have been wronged.
3) Teach them that any chore worth doing is worth doing to the best of their abilities. Do not accept "half assed" work.
4) You can NEVER love them to much and they are never to old to give hugs and kisses.
5) Teach them manners. We understand that children will make mistakes and get into trouble but we will not accept poor manners.
6) Take them with you when you do your work around the farm / house / garden.whatever. It is important for them to see their parents work and is a great time for you to show the next generation how to do things.
7) Teach them that it is OK to be scared of a fight but it is NOT OK to be to scared to fight..then teach them to defend themselves but ONLY as a last resort. This has given my children a confidence that shines through.
8) We teach them that you can not be a person of honor unless you are honest. If you are not honestno other accomplishments matter.
At the end of the day.If I can say that my kids are Kind to everyone, honest, polite, and diligent.I will think we did a decent job.
PS. Always laugh at your kids jokes no matter how corny and encourage anything that involves public speaking.
Just my $.02 from a father that has made so many mistakes I can't even count.
Good luck. You will do great. [Post edited by Ronald Mexico at 11/14/2017 2:34PM]