The internet home for Hoos anywhere and everywhere.

The Corner

Message Board HomeBoard Home All BoardsAll Boards What's New?What's New? SearchSearch


Joined: 2/4/99 Posts: 19677
Likes: 1245

A few suggestions

1) As the seller, you get to choose the title company. The title company will provide all documentation and their attorney can do the General Warranty Deed and/or the Deed of Trust. If there is a lender, the lender's lawyer will do these. As a condo, the title company will provide the buyer a copy of the association bylaws, tax certificates, etc.

2) The state real estate commission should have promulgated forms on its website. Print earnest money contract and fill in the blanks.

It ain't rocket science, and 80+% of real estate agents are part time and totally clueless as to the pitfalls of a transaction. I've had a license for 35+ years, and although I rarely use it, when I do, there are certain "prestigious" firms in Houston that I tell, "Keep your bimbos out of my way, and the title company will call you to pick up the check".

I have also had several agents' licenses suspended by TREC.
[Post edited by rdm at 04/21/2017 1:35PM]

(In response to this post by FixYaRoofHoo)

Posted: 04/21/2017 at 1:34PM


Current Thread:
  Most agents can't take that deal -- 4thYear5th 04/25/2017 09:38AM
  A few suggestions -- rdm 04/21/2017 1:34PM
  Good advice. ** -- HoonDog 04/21/2017 1:36PM
  Can you use an attorney? ** -- Hoos1&1 04/21/2017 12:20PM