The internet home for Hoos anywhere and everywhere.

The Corner

Message Board HomeBoard Home All BoardsAll Boards What's New?What's New? SearchSearch

Farming Hoo

Joined: 1/4/01 Posts: 695
Likes: 125

No. Depends on prior year tax and current year withholding.

If you pay in through withholding in 2107 at least 100% of the the tax shown on your 2016 return (110% in certain cases), you will not have an underpayment penalty for 2017. However, you may have a big check to write come April 2018.

(In response to this post by Ronald Mexico)

Posted: 04/19/2017 at 12:50PM


Current Thread:
? for any of your CPA types. -- Ronald Mexico 04/19/2017 12:07PM
  Thanks FH....this was more my understanding. -- Ronald Mexico 04/19/2017 12:55PM
  Probably (see rules linked) -- Stimp 04/19/2017 12:12PM